February was definitely a weird month. It seemed to feel like it dragged on, but somehow also managed to fly by. I felt like I was constantly doing something, but don’t really know that I have too much to show for it. I guess that means I didn’t really make moves on the “busy-ness” I mentioned in last month’s recap post (oops)! That said, let’s take a look at some of the things I did do in February!
- Made and fell in love with easy gluten free pancakes! I’d tried out the real simple egg and banana version that’s been going around the internet for a while, but wanted something a bit more substantial. Even my friends (and picky boyfriend) who aren’t into the idea of gluten free foods loved them!
- Had my first brand collab. I wrote a post talking up ways to show yourself some self love, and also shared a discount for treating yourself to some sweet flowers for 20% off! If you click here, you can still get that discount!
- Teamed up with a local boutique for Valentine’s Day! I worked together with my friend Bianca, owner of Toile, to bring you some cute valentine’s outfits! Even though the holiday is over, I’d still go take a look at her shop for some other rad date night (or ladies night!) clothing.
- Boycotted winter with some gelato. Seriously, gonna just keep pretending it’s warm out till it finally is. Plus, we keep getting some sweet spring weather (that makes me terrified for summer heat waves) so it’s not that hard to imagine, really.
- Photographed a black belt competition. My aunt competed for her black belt this past Saturday and asked me to come photograph it. Getting to witness the rigorous test of physical and mental strength was really cool, and brought back memories of when I studied martial arts. It was definitely an honor to be there.
- Saw the movie Get Out. Okay, I am so not into suspense in any way. I need someone to ruin basically every movie for me before I see it, but I’m so glad I didn’t spoil this one. Jordan Peele did a phenomenal job here, and I appreciate so much how you could feel the mixed audience in the theatre cringe at the racial commentary and just how uncomfortable it made people. If you haven’t yet, go see it!
At the end of my January recap post I noted that I really wasn’t busy, but more so dealing with this false “busy-ness” that is basically the human embodiment of pushing food around a plate but not really eating. It seemed like I was doing a lot but not really accomplishing much and… I don’t think I did much to change in February. Apparently pin pointing your problem doesn’t actually mean you can change! Oops. With that said, I totally took a nose-dive with autoimmune issues and feel like both brain fog (if you don’t know what that is, consider me jealous) and stress (probably partially from brain fog) really held me back.
My goal for March is to start taking baby steps to get back on track, and also tryyy to start getting my exercise on. Bikini season is going to move in way quicker than I thought, if we’re gonna have 70 degree weather in February~