I decided to bring back an old recap feature I had on my old blog before I switched over to WordPress. Instead of just doing a photo round up, I wanted to expand and really get into some of the things that I noted or enjoyed from each passing month. Not only will it help me share my thoughts, it’ll also help me really reflect on the positives (even when I might not have thought there were any)! I think it’d be a good opportunity for me to set an intention for the upcoming month as well, so I can try to stay focused and accountable.
- Seeing the band Rubblebucket perform. I’ve never experienced such a high energy show, and I really can’t talk them up enough. From the mini-synchronized dance numbers, playing their brass instruments through the crowd, their lobby encore, to Kalmia’s over the top enthusiasm, it was definitely one of my favorite live performances I’ve seen.
- Watching my Pinterest group board start really to flourish! The board got shared in a list with a bunch of others here and it kinda took off. Shoot me an email/comment if you want in!
- Writing two of my fave posts I think I’ve put out so far, 6 Tips For Being Productive and 5 Tips For Fighting Seasonal Depression. They were both partially for me, but also seem to have been really well received, which is rad! I hope they’re helping you!
- Rediscovering the desire to decorate my apartment and make it look like an urban plant oasis. (I think the picture speaks for itself, but here’s to more of the same.)
- Attending the Women’s March and just seeing how many people around the ENTIRE WORLD joined in to fight. I understand the march’s flaws, but I can still appreciate how much of an amazing moment in history it was.
- Finishing my first edited video! If you missed it, I shared a video recap of my Paris trip over on the part 2 post. Go watch it!
- Doing my first interview over on Simply Nicole! It was really cool to be approached for something like that, and made me want to start branching out with others. I talked about being healthy in Philly, go give it a read!
- Trudeau stepping up to Trump’s ban on immigration made me love him even more than I thought possible. Seriously Canada, bravo.
- Hell, the mayor of Philadelphia speaking up against Trump’s false comments regarding our city, that we’ll remain a sanctuary city, and showing up in support against the immigration ban.
- Beginning to really feel the community I’m building for myself in the blogging world. There’s a lot of people from all over that I’m starting to recognize and just build relationships with, and it’s so crazy that I’ve just built this from nothing!
- Finally visiting Ott’s for the first time this year. Oh em gee if I could just set up a mattress in there I don’t think I’d ever leave. I think my goal is to just turn my apartment into a green house instead this year.
My goal within the next month is to put out at least one of the products I’ve been working on for you guys (I’m seriously so excited), and really work on being more present with my blog. I also finally decided to come clean with myself that my “busy-ness” (when you think you’re accomplishing a lot and are totally exhausted, but in reality… have nothing to show) is actually a case of “not taking care of myself” and now that I’ve identified the problem, here goes fixing it!