Yikes! They weren’t kidding about hangovers getting worse after you hit 25. I had hoped to have this post out a little closer to my actual birthday, but recovering from my birthday party (my boyfriend surprised me with karaoke!) took forever. Seriously, if any of y’all have tried and true hangover tricks, defffinitely leave them in the comments below. In case you’re scratching your head, yes I’ve started drinking again since this post. I felt that I got what I needed from my 6 month sober stint, though I wouldn’t object to taking a break again in the future! Everything in moderation.
Sucking at partying aside, this year has really shown me a lot of growth.While I don’t know that I’ve accomplished all my physical goals this year (I definitely didn’t maintain an exercise routine like I wanted), the mental changes are there: I’ve learned to say “no” more to situations that didn’t benefit me, and “bye” to the people that aren’t bringing positivity to my life. I’ve figured out how to let myself feel my emotions, but not be controlled by them. I’ve started smiling more, just because. Above all else, I’ve found that I’ve started taking others with me as I try to make these positive changes.
I ended my 27th year with positive trajectory, and I’d like to continue that throughout being 28 (whoa) for myself. So, here’s what I’m hoping to accomplish next year!
Goals for 28:
• QUIT ACCEPTING EXCUSES FROM MYSELF. I went back through my blog posts, and there’s a lot of “I should’ve” and not enough “I did”, which is absurd.
• CONTINUE TO WORK ON MY HEALTH. I really started focusing on bettering myself in the last few months, and I hope to keep it up. I’m even forcing myself to join the gym. Check that commitment.
• GET IT TOGETHER. Y’all, I can teach your mom, your sister, and your neighbor how to get their crap straight, but for the life of me still struggle. No longer (hopefully)!
• TRAVEL MORE. Last year I took my first solo trip (to Paris) and I honestly can’t wait to start making more moves.
• WORK WITH A PROFESSIONAL. As I start evolving with my brand, I think I’d like to collab with photographers than aren’t my boyfriend (sorry/you’re welcome John).
• START MENTORING BLOGGERS. It’s time to start putting my knowledge to use! Within the next year, I hope to start offering a service where I teach fresh bloggers the in-and-outs of this crazy internet community. Ya know, be the helping hand I wish I had!