I’ve been obsessed with making this overnight oats recipe for a minute now, and kind of surprised I never shared the recipe with y’all. It’s super simple, and I love that I can put everything together in two minutes before heading to bed, and have something ready for me first thing in the morning! I’d love to pretend I’m one of those people that gets up and makes myself breakfast every day, but let’s be real: I’ll snooze until the last possible second, and then sleep more.
I bet so many of you are the same, so this is definitely a recipe worth knowing how to make! Overnight oats are fairly versatile in that you can add or remove pretty much whatever you want, spare the oats and your choice of milk. Adding flax seeds to my version was a no brainer (hello, check the benefits), and the cinnamon just adds a little extra flavor.
OVERNIGHT OATS RECIPE
(*may contain affiliate links, please see disclosure)
• 2 c. rolled oats (I use GF ones)
• dash pink salt
• almond milk
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1 Tbsp flax seeds
• squeeze agave
• container of choice*
*I use the smaller sized mason jars (like THESE) to make my overnight oats in.
- Add rolled oats to mason jar. It should be about 3/4 way full. (The oats expand, so you have to leave room!)
- Top with other ingredients: cinnamon, flax seeds, agave, and the pink himalayan salt.
- Pour in almond milk and let it settle through ingredients. Then pour in more so it’s almost to the top of the jar.
- Put lid on, shake the jar, and throw it in the fridge.
Now your breakfast is ready for you to grab first thing in the morning!!Easy overnight oats, for when you wanna plan breakfast ahead of time.Click To Tweet
If you’re feeling fancy, try layering some fruit like blueberries or strawberries in when adding the oats, or mixing a dollop of yogurt for a creamier consistency!