The last time I shared a face mask post it ended up being a hit (and one of my most popular posts), so I figured why not do another? I’ve been having a lot of fun experimenting with different homemade masks, and this time was no different. This mask is super cleansing and gets deep down in your skin with moisturize so you glow (I swear, my skin looked so good). All the ingredients are natural too, so you know there’s no crazy chemicals messing with ya. Here’s some of the benefits these ingredients offer:
- Greek yogurt has lactic acid, which dissolves dead skin cells and helps boost collagen in deep layers of your skin, helping you look young and fresh.
- Turmeric is good for treating acne because of it’s antiseptic and antibacterial properties, helps regulate the amount of oil your face produces, AND helps stimulate cell growth.
- Honey pulls moisture from the air and helps it get deep into the layers of your skin, while its enzymes help clarify your pores.
Basically, this mask is gonna help clear up your skin then keep you looking fresh and young. Honestly, if you don’t love it I think you made it wrong.
I don’t know about anyone else, but when I’m feeling crappy, pampering myself is my total go to. Usually, I chill out, do my nails, and put on a good face masking while hanging out with Netflix. A few weeks ago I bought myself some bentonite clay off Amazon and figured now was as good a time as ever to try to it out for a homemade mask!
Well what exactly is bentonite clay??
It’s a natural healing clay mostly composed of volcanic ash. The clay has been around for thousands of years, being utilized largely for is detoxifying health properties. I’d been reading a lot about using it internally because it can help settle your body’s pH level, as well as aid your digestive system, but bentonite clay also has a lot of benefits externally for your skin, including: View Post
I’ve been seeing turmeric pop up in blogs and recipes a lot lately, and considering how healthy it is for you, I’m definitely not surprised! Turmeric (and ginger, actually!) have a special component called “curcumin” that boasts a lot of great medicinal benefits for your body. Seriously y’all, curcumin has been shown to:
- aid in chronic inflammation (which can help with gut health sooo much)
- be effective in helping with depression
- lower blood glucose (sugar) levels
- improve skin
- help with overall brain health
- protect against cancer
And that’s not even everything. Friggin crazy, right? When you put it together with things like cardamom, coconut oil, and cinnamon which also have great health benefits, you end up with the superhero of drinks: Golden Milk. View Post